Saturday, July 31, 2010

Home

Sorry I didn't post in Frankfurt, not much happened there. Kathleen, Clara, and I met up with Chris for supper and visited the church and the Roman ruins one more time and just walked around the park path back to our car.

The next morning I was out of the hotel by 5:30am and caught a train from the main train station across from our hotel and took it to the train station at the airport.  I was there by 6:15 and that was good because it took a long time to figure out where I had to go.

The plane ride was pleasant, just long.  I thought I would be able to use it as re-english-assimilation-time, but I sat next to a lady from Watertown, and on the other side of me was a German school teacher.  She saw me reading a German book and asked if I was German (in German) so I responded no but that I had been studying in Germany for two months.  We talked much of the way back about school and teaching and my travels to Germany and her travels to the US.  She meets one of her best friends every summer in the US for two weeks and they travel to different states together with her friend's husband.  We talked about the people on the plane and previous plane rides we had.  She was really nice but it did complicate trying to speak to the hostess in English... oops.

Landed safely in Chicago and will finally be returning home to my parents tonight after two days in Milwaukee.  Excited for Mom's corn on the cob.  Some things from home just can never be replaced. :)

Thanks for following.
Signing off with much love,
Eileen

No comments:

Post a Comment